SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

8/08/2010

P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

I totally had a Dory moment today. I was in a rush to get to the post office this morning to send mail to Hawaii. The most crucial piece of information that I forgot to take with me was the address of the place it is being sent to. I had previously sent mail to the same address just last week, so rather than going back home to find the address, only to trek back to the shops and mail it, I picked long and hard at my brain to try and remember what it was. Here's what I came up with:

Hawaii Student Housing
1159 Bethel Street
Honolulu, HI 98610
USA

And I was right! For the most part... Everything except the zip code was correct. Now, if the answers from a Google search on "mail wrong zip code" are correct, mail is sorted first into zip codes, and then distributed from there. Hopefully the postal workers in the riverside town of Carson in Washington rectify the error before one of the five registered sex offenders in the area get their hands on my mail!

Mahalo!

1 comment: