SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

9/12/2010

Missing.

There are certain things from home that I'm starting to sorely miss. Here are four of them.

#4 - nutella. God, how I miss nutella. I came across a video on YouTube that made me quite depressed. It seems like only one or two stores on the island sell this chocolatey goodness, and both at ridiculous prices.






#3 - and I mentioned this in one of my earlier posts - Australian honey. The stuff they've got here is so not what I'm used to. I dunno, maybe every teaspoon of Hawaiian honey requires a tablespoon of sugar, but there's something not quite right about it. I particularly miss this right now because I'm feeling a little ill.

#2 - having a regular(ish) income. Not that I can't get a job here, but there's something weird about receiving a weekly allowance from myself. It's just not the same.

Last but not least...



I've been missing my dog a lot lately. I used to get annoyed whenever he barks at airplanes, strangers, and random stuff that only dogs can sense. But now, after only one month of being away, I've forgotten what his bark even sounds like. I got to see him when I Skyped my family a few weeks ago. Dad let him inside the house for a moment but he was reluctant to enter (usually he'd get scolded for it).

Well that's about it for now. I was mainly just here to take a break from my readings. I think I'll go have another pack of ramen before taking a couple more Panadol caplets and then resuming my study. It's been a quiet day so far and I haven't gone out at all, but maybe later I'll go for a walk to the store. And see if they've got nutella.

A hui hou kakou!

No comments:

Post a Comment