SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

9/15/2010

Walang internet!

Aloha!

I need to practice my Filipino as much as humanly possible because FIL101 is - without a doubt - my hardest subject this semester. I'm so glad I'm only doing 100-level classes because I often hear from my friends in the MIX, who are taking 200, 300 even 400-level classes, about how much work they need to do every night. Screw that, man, I'm in Hawai`i - I'm gonna take it easy as!

Now to address the title of this post. It is generally agreed upon that within the building in which I live, the internet connection sucks. It is about as unreliable as an unsecured wireless network, and almost as slow. Having said that, I was able to submit some homework for my Filipino class that involved uploading a recorded monologue for the teacher to listen to. Here's how it went down:
"Magandang hapon! Kumusta kayo klase? Ako si Jeremy. Malaihollo ang apelyido ko, Jerry ang palayaw ko. Galing ako sa eskuwela. O, sige, diyan ka na. Pupunta ako sa kaarawan partido ng kaibigan. Adyos!"
I had to record it several times because I kept stuffing up certain words and having to start over again. I hope what I submitted makes sense. Click here to see what Google Translate thinks I said. I just got off the phone with my mum. Both she and one of my work friends said that I should remove "partido" from the last sentence. Oh well, it's too late now. Looks like I failed again.

It's pretty late. I'm going to eat the chicken that I took from the party this afternoon. It's okay, I'm an international student.

A hui hou kakou!

No comments:

Post a Comment