SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

10/14/2010

Along the Ala Wai

Aloha!


First things first - my computer is on its death bed. For the past week or two it has been making very loud noises (on top of the loud, vacuum cleaner-like noises it already makes) and has been running exceptionally sluggishly. My roommate has noticed the sound, too - he equates it to something of a heart attack; like my computer is telling me it can't take any more and wants it to end. I have on several occasions considered throwing it off my lanai or even dumping it into the canal. The latter was inspired by some of the crazy stuff I've seen in and around the Ala Wai canal.

I cycle along (at least half of) the Ala Wai canal almost every day, on the way to and from uni. Yesterday I walked along it with my camera in one hand and a white mocha frappuccino in the other. It was quite a long walk. The canal itself is man-made, giving way to plenty of "interesting" sights and smells (and probably tastes). Here are some of may favourites. Enjoy.

Panoramic view of the canal.

Discarded bicycle frame
Stay clear of mould
Mouldy shoe
Mouldy fish
Mouldy television set
Oddly clean shoes in a bin or "trash can"
Mouldy rainbow
Mouldy trolley or "shopping cart"
There's plenty to see along the Ala Wai! One thing I didn't get a photo of was a mouldy hobo. Maybe next time.

A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment