SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

10/26/2010

The Rock

Aloha!


It's been a week since I bought myself a MacBook Pro. I have christened it "The Rock" (with the help of My Swedish Friend) because, quite frankly, it rocks. I admit that I haven't fully explored the inner workings of The Rock, but am proud to say that I have taken it to school every day and actually sat down and studied on it. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it so far...

Until this morning.

I left the kitchenette area in my dorm to look up "Jamie Oliver Omelettes" on YouTube, only to find a blank computer screen. Naturally I pushed the trackpad to make magic happen. Nothing. So then I hit the spacebar. No effect. Pushed other random buttons and pumped up the brightness. Still blank. What the heck is going on, I wondered.

Unplugged the power supply. Plugged it back in. No luck.

Panic attack. Perfect omelettes were no longer my priority. I simply had to find out what was wrong with The Rock. After all, this stuff just isn't supposed to happen to Macs, let alone MacBook Pros. Frantically I searched for the instruction manual, flicked through the pages until I got to the troubleshooting section. Held the power button down for about ten seconds until the computer shut down, and then waited an additional ten seconds before starting it up again. By this time my omelettes were scrambling.

When everything loaded up again, it was time to go to class. I devoured my scrambled eggs and cycled over to campus, battling the elements of rain and wind. I got to class and opened my computer to take notes, and was a little startled to see this face and ridiculous pink sweater staring back at me:


So that's about all from today. I know, nothing really interesting, just had my Geology and Filipino classes during the day and then spent the night with My Kiwi and Aussie friends eating pasta and watching Glee. I suppose - to make reading this worth your time - I'll post a random picture below and write about it. In Filipino. Enjoy.


Ito ang litrato ng mga kaibigan ni university ko. Gitna si Rebecca, mag-asawa sa Facebook ko, at Nicole, anak na babae. Sa kaliwa si Daniel, nobyo ni Nicole. Sa kanan si Alexandra. Alex ang palayaw niya. May anino sa likod ng Daniel. Taga-Australia sa Heron Island ito ang litrato.


Caution: before you type that into Google Translate, I should mention that the Filipino language doesn't differentiate between male and female in small-talk (i.e. there's no specific word for both "he" and "she", or "his" and "her"). Alex is a girl. Also, Google Translate sucks sometimes.

A hui hou!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAH..
    whoa jer you should be good at tagalog now
    lets have a tagalog conversation one day LOL

    ReplyDelete