SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

10/25/2010

Hiking

Aloha!


This weekend has been exhausting. On Saturday morning I cycled over to the bottom of Lē'ahi (Diamond Head) for another Geology field trip. In reality I was only there to hopefully see GG101L Guy again, but unfortunately he wasn't there. Our task for this field trip was to map the coastline in terms of the different rock types present. It was basically another exercise in colouring-in (as if I don't get enough of that in my Filipino class - but I'm not complaining). Note to potential exchange students: bring at least five different coloured crayons from home, you never know when you'll need them.
The field trip was over way before the scheduled end time of 1:00pm. I was back home by 11.30am and from there I went with some MIX friends to hike up to Manoa Falls. Yes, finally. Here are some photos from the trek. I would have taken more, of the actual waterfall maybe, if I had remembered to charge my camera battery the night before!


So that was Manoa Falls Trail, the site where Charlie was left for dead by Ethan in Lost. My Swedish Friend and I think we passed by the actual tree from which he was hung, but we weren't entirely sure. Anyway, next on the agenda was Le'ahi, otherwise known as Diamond Head. Here is where some of Sayid's flashback scenes were filmed.



That's two hikes I can tick off my checklist. Coming up next week (maybe) will be the forbidden Ha'iku Stairs, also known as "Stairway to Heaven". Don't worry - it's only forbidden while the security guards are present. Oh, and somewhere in between then and now I have to study...

A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment