SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

10/16/2010

A negative blanketed by positives

...is still a negative.

Aloha!


Unfortunately I didn't get this job that I really wanted and am perfectly suited for. Here's how it went down:

Job ad and description
My epic application letter
An excuse to email him again
Crap. I knew he would ask
A negative blanketed by positives
The final outcome

In retrospect, I should have lied. Should have pretended that I'm here for longer than I actually am and then, come December 28, say "I'm being deported." If only I could go back in time...

Needless to say, I was really depressed after receiving that last email. So much so that all I did that afternoon was sleep, ignoring the fact that I had a paper to write for Hawaiian Studies.

Not my best day.

A hui hou!

1 comment: