SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

10/28/2010

Dins

Aloha!

This past week I have had the best home-cooked dinners of my entire stay in Hawai'i. Why? Because someone else cooked them. Of course I chipped in for the groceries, but oh my goodness it was JUST.SO.GOOD to not eat the same thing for dinner four nights in a row.

Lucy, otherwise known as My Kiwi Friend (although I have a couple other friends from New Zealand), cooked tacos on Monday night and last night she cooked was stir-fry. Correct me if I'm wrong please, Luce. Marissa is the other Australian on the UHM exchange program. On Tuesday night she skipped her Environmental Law class to cook us creamy pasta and watch Glee, and tonight she cooked us steak and veggies.


Above is the aforementioned steak and veggies. The marinate is a concoction of Lucy's.

Thanks again for a great week of home-cooked dinners, ladies. I'll have to cook for you both some time. In the meantime I'm happy doing your dishes.

Oh, PS: on my way home last night, I saw this little guy just hanging out by the dorms. Seriously just chilling, without a care in the world. Maybe it's the same black cat that I saw at the end of my epically long Friday the 13th so many weeks ago.  I wonder if it's ever been stuck in a tree.

Tomorrow (Friday) night, the girls have other plans so I'll just have dinner back at my apartment. I already miss our arrangement.

A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment