SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

8/17/2010

Even the Hawaiians can't pronounce my last name

Nor can they spell it correctly...
 Aloha!


I know I said I'd have a new video today, but I've been so busy with a lot of different things that I never really got the chance to make one. And I'll be busy tomorrow as well, so you'll probably have to wait just a little bit longer than expected. Sorry.

As you can tell, I got my UHM student identification card today. I was so excited about it that I didn't realise the spelling error in my surname. I'll have to go back some time to have that fixed, and I'm not taking 'no' for an answer. More importantly though, see that sticker on the left-hand side of the card? It means I can catch any bus going anywhere on the island for FREE.

Also today we had our MIX (Manoa International eXchange) orientation day, which was a great opportunity to learn a little more about Hawaii, get to know some other exchange students and eat free pizza. I let T.K. out for a bit but he was feeling camera shy.

The view from the QLC lana'i. Click to enlarge.
"In Australia, we drive on the right side of the road. And by right I mean 'correct', so the left side."
The funny thing about this joke is that I don't drive.

But yeah, I met so many nice people. The one person I was actually looking for - the other Australian - wasn't there today, but I did meet a couple of Kiwis, one of whom is also studying marine biology :) Later on a bunch of us went out for ice cream.

I think that's all for now. I got my tax return back, which is GREAT. I am already planning some island-hopping adventures. Don't get too jealous.

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment