SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

8/21/2010

Moving on

It's time to bid farewell to the youth hostel. It was a sincere pleasure staying here at Hostelling International Honolulu - one of the best last-minute decisions I've ever made, I think.

Geckos commonly scurry about, predating on insects and
looking cute in general
In two hours' time I will move on to Waikiki, leaving behind the wonderful atmosphere created by fellow students in this "place between the worlds". I like to think of it as the place where the students stay before going their separate ways - whether to a residence hall on-campus or a share house off-campus. This is where it begins. For the Losties, this is somewhat like the sideways universe of Season 6.


I met a lot of other students here, and befriended many of them. The best thing about almost everyone here being a student is that we're all in the same boat - either waiting (like me) to move to the next location, or still searching for that place to call home. I think it'll be rather boring here after all the students have left, because the remaining type of guest would be holidaying backpackers who mostly keep to themselves.

The staff here are nice, too. One in particular is fantastically awesome. He's going to teach me how to surf. In my dreams *droooooooool*

An hour has passed since I started typing this. That's one down, one to go. I think I'll continue reading my book to pass the time.

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment