SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

8/15/2010

I can't go out. *cough*. I'm sick.



Boo, you whore!
But don't freak out, it isn't some kind of island fever or poison ivy rash. Anyone who I hung out with during my last couple of weeks (or month, even) in Sydney would know that I was a bit under the weather (which I hear has gotten weirder lately), and I thought I got over it but obviously I haven't. I woke up at around 4.30am this morning, trying so hard to (a) die quietly and/or (b) get back to sleep. Because I couldn't do either, I got up at about 5am to sit outside. Nice foreign guy gave me a throat lolly to ease the pain.

--Flashback--
I am on Flight HA452 from Sydney to Honolulu. It has been in the air for about an hour, and my eyes are no longer sore from the tears I wept at the airport. I figure, since I'm not tired at all, I may as well read one of the books I just bought. I pulled open Seven Ancient Wonders by Matthew Reilly - one of my favourite authors - and read the first couple of pages before dozing off.
--End flashback--

I decided to continue reading Seven Ancient Wonders to occupy my time (no, I didn't doze off this time). At about 6am Sydney time (10am here) I called home, but didn't get the information I was so desperately seeking. I forgot that my mum goes to work early on Monday mornings. What a waste of 45c.

I went back to sleep after making that phone call. It is now 2pm here and I know I should go out, even just for a stroll, but I just don't feel like it today :( Not to mention the lack of quarters I have for TheBus, meaning I can't go to the shops to buy groceries. I really want some lemon and honey tea right now, as well as a whole bunch of apples to pig out on. All I have are pop tarts, chocolates, and a cup of "Souper" noodles. I can't wait until I move out of this hostel and into my place in Waikiki, where I'll be able to do my grocery shopping - and buy some real food - with little or no effort involved.

Souper meals - the 'O' is for 'finishing tOuch'

Mahalo

*COUGHHHHHHHHHH*

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your souper nooodles. miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. when r u moving to ur place at waikiki jer jerr?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andwoo I'll move in on the 21st. Less than one week :D

    ReplyDelete