SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

8/03/2010

Introducing T.K.


T.K. is the travelling koala. He is perhaps the fugliest koala you’ve ever seen and I feel rather embarrassed to have to take him with me on my exchange, especially since emblazoned across the front of his baby blue tank top is the logo of my home university.


The purpose for carrying around this otherwise useless plush toy is to help promote global exchange at UTS. Currently (and if I remember correctly) only about 5-10% of students take part in a global exchange program, and UTS wants this number to increase to about 20%. So they thrust upon us these furry gremlins and asked us to take photos of the them in exciting and exotic locations while abroad. Supposedly, there will be a prize for the most creative shots, so I’m going to actually try to get a few good ones. Ideas at this stage include:
  •           T.K. surfing at Waikiki beach
  •           T.K. making a sandcastle
  •           T.K. dancing the hula
  •           T.K. finding Nemo

Feel free to post your ideas of what else T.K. should get up to in Hawai’i in the comments below.

Mahalo!

1 comment: