SYDNEY TIME:

HONOLULU TIME:

8/09/2010

I could play with HTML all day!

And I did... I pretty much spent most of yesterday working on the aesthetics of this blog (the rest of the day I was napping). For those of you who have seen earlier versions of this blog, I daresay you will be impressed with the new look. I have added a background photo to the title bar, which I took while snorkelling off Cairns in the Great Barrier Reef. From timeanddate.com I added clocks to display local times in Sydney and Honolulu, which should become a handy substitute for my previous "add four hours then subtract twenty" technique. Also with the help of Blogger Widgets I added a Facebook 'Like' button to the bottom of every post. So start liking everything, everybody!

One of the most exciting additions, I think, is the countdown timer that I also got from timeanddate.com, which I tried to fashion it to resemble the Swan station's timer as closely as possible - for the Losties :) (if anyone knows where I can get something that looks more like the real deal, PLEASE, for the love of Jacob, LET ME KNOW!!) Currently the timer counts down towards my flight out of Sydney, after which it will display something along the lines of "Time since HA flight 452 departed". I'm thinking, however, of changing it to display the number of days I have remaining in Hawai'i. If you have any other ideas, feel free to post a comment!

Other than that, I've just been playing around with HTML codes. I'm still relatively new to the blogosphere, so I'm going through a bit of a learning process. Anything and everything new excites me.

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment